Ron Saint Germain was robbed -- he needs your help

Hang out, relax, chill, and chat about off topic stuff.

Moderator: dbbubba

Ron Saint Germain was robbed -- he needs your help

Postby yankee44 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:23 am

From his Facebook page:

This is extremely important to a Studio just recovering from Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully we can catch these thugs and send them up the creek!

On Saturday night 8/18/13 thugs broke into SST Studios and stole about $90,000.00 worth of gear. This gear was all that was salvaged from the Hurricane Sandy flood that hit the control room. SST is currently rebuilding the control room with a replacement Focusrite console, so they were depending on this gear. The scum bags that did this knew the layout of the Studio complex.

If anyone hears of this gear please let us know. SST phone is (201) 348-3328 or my email above.

(3) neumann U87* * * * * * * * * Serials* 24948,23262,117191
* * * neumann U67* * *
* * * RCA 44DX * * * *
(3) Sennheiser 441 * *
(4) Shure Sm57 * * * * *
* * * Crystal Bullet* * * *
* * * Telefunken M16 * *
(4) telefunken KM56* *
(4) Schoeps M221* * *
* * * EV RE20 * * * * * * *
* * * Royer R121* * * * * *
NEVE 33609* * * * * * * * * Serial * PN3360945
MANLEY VMU * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * Serial* MSLC61015
SPECTRASONICS M502*
MANLEY DUAL MONO
(2) Genelec 1032a * * * *
(2) Yamaha NS10m * * *
(2) Digidesign RM2 * * *
Presonus Central Station*
Focusrite ISA 215 * * * * *
SSL G SERIES COMP

And lots of personal instruments and gear belonging to Studio staff.
yankee44
Intern

Re: Ron Saint Germain was robbed -- he needs your help

Postby dbbubba » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 am

Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn this post into a sticky where it will stand out better.

Reading through the list of items stole and the brief description that tells how the perpetrators most likely knew the layout of the studio I would immediately start to look at friends, visitors and recent clients.
You have two groups of people to focus on.

GROUP ONE:
This group is comprised of people who would WANT the items for personal use.
Someone in this group probably knows the value of the more esoteric items and will attempt to sell those.
They might try to keep some items and use them personally.
Someone from this group would probably attempt to sell the more valuable items piece by piece through conventional means like eBay, Craigslist, etc...
This would be someone that has visited the studio, but isn't necessarily a close friend or associate.
It isn't someone who where you would know what equipment they had in their own studio.

GROUP TWO:
This group is people who are known drug users or people with recent financial problems.
They won't keep anything for themselves.
They will try to sell everything and won't break the whole lot down into pieces.
Unfortunately, these people will try to move the items as quickly as possible and the equipment will not end up in the hands of professional users.

If it was me... I would be looking HARD at anyone and everyone I know who fell into GROUP NUMBER TWO.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Return to STUDIO LOUNGE