EBAY... THEM BASTIDS!

Hang out, relax, chill, and chat about off topic stuff.

Moderator: dbbubba

EBAY... THEM BASTIDS!

Postby dbbubba » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Well, I am finally through with eBay once and for all...

Last year (2012) I had sold over twenty-two items on eBay and I had instant availability of my money on PayPal.
Not once did I have to wait and my money was never listed as "pending" on PayPal.
My policy is to ship just as soon as the funds are deposited in my bank account.
Without fail the money is in my bank account 48 hours after I request it to be transferred there.
Because of this I almost always ship the sold items within three days.

In all thirty-five transactions that I have on eBay I have the highest rating possible and ZERO negative comments.

Now, eBay has reclassified me as a "New Seller" and they require my to included a tracking number from my shipper and then the funds will not be available to me until THREE DAYS AFTER THE ITEM IS DELIVERED!
The reason that this bothers me is that eBay has forced me to be a C.O.D. seller.
It also brings up a lot of potential problems such as:
1.) If the shipper screws up (and they do!) I have to wait even longer to have access to my money
2.) the buyer has more time to be flakey and change his mind
3.) there is more information that I have to enter into eBay and more involvement with them allows more chances for them to screw up (and they do!)

So, now... because eBay changed the rules I refuse to play along with their game.
They used to be OK, but no longer!
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Re: EBAY... THEM BASTIDS!

Postby dbbubba » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Today I received a call from a very nice gentleman with PayPal.
In the middle of my rant calling yesterday he was somehow alerted.
He said that he listened to ALL of my calls with the eBay representatives.
He agreed that they did not properly explain the situation.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT HE TOOK MY EBAY ACCOUNT OUT OF THE NEW SELLER STATUS.
This means that I have instant access to my PayPal funds without them ever being put in a pending status.

He also said that I should keep his direct number in case I have issues in the future.
I guess this is as close as I'll ever get to hearing the word "sorry."
However, I will take what they give.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Re: EBAY... THEM BASTIDS!

Postby wado1942 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm working on a pro-audio alternative for Ebay, so at least "insiders" in the industry can have a safe place to trade.
wado1942
Intern

Return to STUDIO LOUNGE