My Favourite means of Transport

Hang out, relax, chill, and chat about off topic stuff.

Moderator: dbbubba

My Favourite means of Transport

Postby Arny » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm

I know in the USA English words with our on the end in the USA they miss out the "U"
UK = Favourites USA = Favorites, Colour = Color etc etc.

Well my favourite car WAS a VW Karmann Gia Model T34 but, sadly someone fell asleep at the wheel coming in the opposite way in an Austin A40 both her car and mine were write off's, because of the protection crash barrier incorporated in the front of this model no one was hurt, just a couple cuts and bruises, yet the head-on impact was 70-MPH.

But one day I will find one in perfect condition, although very very rare they are not that expensive the best ones are in the states.

Best Regards,

Tony.

This ia a real nice Red Version
Red T34-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arny
Producer

Re: My Favourite means of Transport

Postby THEMIXFIX » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Tony:

That looks like a cross between an old Fiat/Ferrari and a Corvair... ;)

Here's the VW Karmann Gia that I know about in the USA. An ex-Girlfriend of mine and me use to love to tool around in hers...
1970_VOLKSWAGEN_KARMANN_GHIA.jpg

My first, and favorite car was a P1800S Volvo, actually made in England, and driven by Roger Moore.. :)
P1800S.jpg

That same EX-Girlfriend sent me this card she made last Christmas with one of them on the cover...:ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
THEMIXFIX
Go-Fer

Postby Arny » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 pm

THEMIXFIX wrote:Tony:

[color=#BF00FF]My first, and favorite car was a P1800S Volvo, actually made in England, and driven by Roger Moore.. :)
P1800S.jpg

That same EX-Girlfriend sent me this card she made last Christmas with one of them on the cover...:ugeek:

Dear Bob,
Yes that was a TV Series called, "The Saint" it was a great car.
I entered for a Rally the other day and when you consider that the Navigation Sheets were all in French because mine and Natalie's (My Wife) French is so bad, Nat was trying to Navigate while I was driving, we swopped for a few miles but things got worse so we swopped back.
Yet over a 200 mile on tiny "D" type hilly roads, we managed fourth and recieved a small cup.
A Convertable Volvo P1800S turned up to watch the end, (Great Stuff)

Best Regards,

Tony.
Volvo P1800S-Side
Volvo P1800S-1.JPG

Volvo P1800S-Front
Volvo P1800S-2.JPG

Some of the Pack
Some of the Pack.JPG

Our VW Golf GTi Campaign
Our VW Golf GTi Campaign.jpg
Arny
Producer

Postby THEMIXFIX » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Tony:

Yes, I know about "The Saint", but it had nothing to do with me getting that car. Actually, my father didn't like the Karmann Gia, and talked me out of it into the P1800S. :shock:

Actually, I'm glad he did, because I got to experience BOTH cars, having the Volvo, and then the VW with my EX-Girlfriend... ;)

I also had a FIAT 124, and FOUR Mazda RX-7s; three first generation, and one second generation.

I NEVER saw a convertible P1800S!! Thanks for those pictures!! :ugeek:

Also, congratulations on your trophy!! :mrgreen:
THEMIXFIX
Go-Fer

Postby brianroth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:36 am

Siiiigh....while my "newer" vehicles rot on the driveway, a machine like this SITS in my garage (same factory color):

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/8 ... photo.aspx

A front view from that same year...different color:

http://www.bmw2002.nl/bmw2002-desktop.jpg

That was probably the first car I ever loved....

Since 2004...this sort of vehicle:

http://www.automotive.com/2004/65/chrys ... index.html

No, it is NOT a Bimmer....just something with an interesting "look".

Bri
brianroth
Producer

Postby Arny » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:27 pm

I also had a FIAT 124, and FOUR Mazda RX-7s; three first generation, and one second generation.

Dear Bob,
I am about to buy Natalie a Mazda RX-7 but you would know out of the differant models
which ones you like so perhaps a little advice, she does want to be able to change to a Hard Top
for the winter months , does this raise a problem ?

We nearly bought a Fiat 124 when I bought Natalie the BMW 700-RS Sport.

Best Regards,

Tony.
I could talk cars all day so I best go to another thread before I wear out my keyboard :)
Arny
Producer

Postby Arny » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

brianroth wrote:Siiiigh....while my "newer" vehicles rot on the driveway, a machine like this SITS in my garage (same factory color):

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/8 ... photo.aspx

Since 2004...this sort of vehicle:
No, it is NOT a Bimmer....just something with an interesting "look".
Bri

Dear Brian,
Oh the BMW 2002 another classic that I would love to own, do you take it out at all Brian.
I tried to look your LINK =
But it kept timing out ! ?.

Once many years ago I was looking for an individual looking car for Natalie, when we were courting, she loved my Gia but wanted her own thing, I called a Rally friend "Terry Durrant" who always had some nice beasts sitting in his huge garage, and these cars were always of the unusual Type.
We went there and immediately Natalie and I fell in love with this BMW 700-RS with a very Hot BMW Engine, I bought it and was shocked by its sheer performance for such an unassuming little engine car.

We sold it because for some unknown reason it would sheer the bolts off the Clutch Plate if you did a standing start, it was never going to race again, :cry:.
I was told that sometime during its life, someone had damaged the Clutch Plate by cross threading the Bolts, it had then been drilled and had Hellicoil Threads set in, and unless we were prepared to spend a lot of money we would be better off getting something else.,
I bought Natalie a Beatle which we fitted a Fish Carburetor, and one or two other little things of delight. she had also wanted the Beatle because it was what she learnt to drive in, I think she chose the BMW because she could see in my face that I also wanted it.

Best Regards,

Tony.
800px-BMW_700_Sport.jpg
Arny
Producer

Postby THEMIXFIX » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Arny wrote:

Dear Bob,
I am about to buy Natalie a Mazda RX-7 but you would know out of the differant models
which ones you like so perhaps a little advice, she does want to be able to change to a Hard Top
for the winter months , does this raise a problem ?

We nearly bought a Fiat 124 when I bought Natalie the BMW 700-RS Sport.

Best Regards,

Tony.
I could talk cars all day so I best go to another thread before I wear out my keyboard :)

Tony:

I only had the hardtop coupes; three "First Generation", that resembled a Corvette Sting Ray/Ferrari 308, and one "Second Generation" that resembled a Porshe 944.

Here's a link for a buying guide for the "2nd Generation" RX-7s.

[url]http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/416180/a_complete_buyers_guide_to_the_second.html
[/url]

RX7firstgen.jpg

2ndGenRX7.jpg
THEMIXFIX
Go-Fer

Postby brianroth » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:44 am

Boys will be boys....

Oddly enough, I have always preferred "Off the Wall" automobiles.

My first auto was a 1964 Dodge Polara....a semi muscle car.

My friends wanted "muscle cars", and I preferred simple cars, such as the BMW 2002.

Arny, the missing picture is my current "ride"...a Chrysler PT Cruiser....VERY simple ride, but with a sort of "attitude". Muscle car??? Nope!!

Bri
brianroth
Producer

Postby Arny » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 am

brianroth wrote:Boys will be boys....
Oddly enough, I have always preferred "Off the Wall" automobiles.

Arny, the missing picture is my current "ride"...a Chrysler PT Cruiser....VERY simple ride, but with a sort of "attitude". Muscle car??? Nope!!

Bri

Dear Brian,
I always call that one:
"Hey Nat, Al Capone just went by".

The Chrysler PT Cruiser, is also very popular in Europe.

Best Regards,

Tony.
Here's your picture Brian
2001-2005_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser.jpg
Arny
Producer

Next

Return to STUDIO LOUNGE