Christmas song from Oklahoma City!

Hang out, relax, chill, and chat about off topic stuff.

Moderator: dbbubba

Christmas song from Oklahoma City!

Postby brianroth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am

Background...this HAS to be the oldest ad jingle in the universe. It plays ONLY from post Thanksgiving Day until Christmas Day here in OKC.

For the first time ever that I recall, they actually have the 1956 original, as well as the (current) version from 1975??????....the one I recorded "back then" at Producer's Workshop here in OKC.

I am "blown away" flipping back and forth between the versions.

Notice on the original version there is the vocal line missing on the re-issue...It is sort of one of my "Oklahoma party trivia" questions. <g>

The missing line in the current (aka, 1975 version)is "The Christmas Wish of BC Clark is to keep on pleasing you."

IIRC, the "original" was a :30 that actually ran too long....hence the re-do.

(Where is my stopwatch???)

And the difference is EQ, etc. just blows my mind....

Silly, silly Brian Roth...and this is just a part of my life! lol

http://www.bcclarkjingle.com/audio

Merry Christmas, Amigos!

Bri (STILL farting dust)
brianroth
Producer

Re: Christmas song from Oklahoma City!

Postby Dualflip » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 am

Awesome Bri!, i actually had a very good time listening to that stuff, the 70s jingle sounded very up-to-date, the other one just sounds old as hell... nice to be able to compare both of them.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
Dualflip
Producer

Postby brianroth » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:16 am

Dear Jose,

The 1976 "re-do" was cut on an MCI JH-428 desk onto an Ampex MM-1100 2" 16 track at Producer's Workshop, a studio which:

1. I originally built it in.....1973???

2. I was actually married there in (1974....my first marriage) with the attendees seated in the tracking room and my (now ex) and the preacher and me in the control room. The family/friends watched through the large CR glass window, and listened via a pair of U87 mics set up on booms in the CR, with the audio played back through the pair of JBL 4321 speakers in the tracking room. Sadly, I have lost the photos from that amazing day.

As for the 1956 "original", I have zero info about the tracking session. It does have a charming, warm yet funky tone.

Best,

Bri
brianroth
Producer

Postby THEMIXFIX » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Brian:
Thanks for that, and Happy Holidays to all!! :mrgreen:
THEMIXFIX
Go-Fer

Return to STUDIO LOUNGE