THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED

Post relevant stuff you'd like members to know about.

Moderators: Arny, dbbubba

THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED

Postby dbbubba » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

Due to a sudden increase in the number of spammers and other people who don't have any legitimate reason to join these forums I have regrettably had to change the registration process.
The entire process is not that difficult and is explained in the forum titled: NEW USER REGISTRATION PROCESS

The new system basically requires one extra step where you are required to introduce yourself and show that you have a legitimate interest in audio and will contribute to the ARF community.
Once you have been identified as a legitimate user with good intentions an ARF administrator will quickly grant you full member privileges.

UNTIL YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ONE POST.
THAT POST NEEDS TO BE YOUR INTRODUCTION.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Re: THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED

Postby dbbubba » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 am

In the last week, after a nasty spam attack that was thankfully thwarted by the systems I have put into place on ARF, I made changes to the CHALLENGE QUESTION required for registering as a new user.
I guess that the first question was a bit too "clever" because it confused a few legitimate people as well as the spam bot.
That could be chalked up as a success in one way of thinking and a failure in another.

I have since came up with a new question that I think should be simple enough for the general populace to answer, but it is scrambled a bit to confuse any automated spam bot software.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Re: THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED

Postby dbbubba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 am

Well, the CHALLENGE QUESTION is at least cryptic enough to fool the spammers, but still easy enough for legitimate folks to sign up since we have had a few new people register.
I am leaving as it is for now.
Danny Brown
dbbubba
Producer

Return to NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS