FORUM RE-FORMATING / BIG THANKS TO CHRIS JURIED

Post relevant stuff you'd like members to know about.

Moderators: Arny, dbbubba

FORUM RE-FORMATING / BIG THANKS TO CHRIS JURIED

Postby dbbubba » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 pm

First and foremost, everyone needs to give a BIG thanks to our new hero Chris Juried.
Chris has graciously offered to host ARF.
His "internet guru" Michael Bruno also needs a BIG thanks because he did all the heavy lifting.
THANKS GUYS!

NEW FORUM FORMAT

After talking to several long time ARF members I have created new forum titles.
I have also condensed the categories and number of forums.
The one recurring comment that I received over and over was that "there were too many forums and topics."
In response I have condensed everything to broader, yet still specific areas.
I have also moved all of the previous posts into these newly created forums.

The way that I envisage the forums to work is for comments and questions that are not specific to manufacturers and types of machines to be posted in the APPLICATION OF AUDIO EQUIPMENT forum.
This forum also has sub forums breaking down topics into STUDIO APPLICATIONS, LIVE APPLICATIONS and MASTERING APPLICATIONS.

Questions and comments that are specific to actual equipment and/or equipment manufacturers should be posted in the AUDIO EQUIPMENT - RECORDERS, CONSOLES AND OUTBOARD,ETC.. forum.
This forum is further broken-down by the type of equipment (recorders, consoles, outboard, etc...) and these forums are broken-down even further by manufactures (Ampex, MCI, Neve, Yamaha, etc...)
I see these forums used for questions and comments about specific pieces of equipment.

There is another forum titled MAINTENANCE AND CALIBRATION OF EQUIPMENT.
There are sub forums for MANUALS, SCHEMATICS AND ARTICLES and that should be self explanatory.
There are also sub forums for TEST GEAR, DIY / MODIFICATIONS / REPAIR and INSTALLATIONS.

Most of all HAVE FUN!
Please send me comments about any changes and anything else you feel needs my attention.

Danny Brown
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Return to NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS