PICS OF MY A2 POSITION IN SAN ANTONIO

Information and Discussions about Live Sound Production

Moderator: dbbubba

PICS OF MY A2 POSITION IN SAN ANTONIO

Postby dbbubba » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Picture of my world at APF 2014 in March 2014 in San Antonio, Texas.

All audio amplifiers (except for delay array amps which are at FOH,) patch at audio snake head end, 13 channels of wireless mics receivers and 15 channels of Clearcom Tempest radio communications receivers.
To the left of everything pictured is another table with 12 RF beltpacks with lavs or Countryman E6 mics, two RF handheld mics along with a Telex BTR-800 four position radio com rack.
By the time the rest of the crew hung the arrays of JBL VRX speakers I had this rig patched.
I was able to just plug in the cables with NL4 connectors and off we went.

I have to give credit to Nick Duran of Freeman's Austin, Texas office for designing the over-all system.
He was nice enough to just turn me loose and let me patch most of the backstage audio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Re: PICS OF MY A2 POSITION IN SAN ANTONIO

Postby dbbubba » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:25 am

Another rather bad pic of the other "wing" of the backstage audio rig.

I had the 13 RF mics laid out in a row along the table and all of the ClearCom Tempest RF COM beltpacks arranged on the blue road case in the bottom left of the picture.
Since the RF COM was divided into two different groups consisting of one group on groups A/B and another on A/C I had to keep everything fairly organized.
The Telex BTR-800 beltpacks were arranged in order hanging from their clips on a drawer in the rack the receiver was housed in.

This is the fun stuff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danny Brown
(I was going call myself Mr. B because I like people to say "MISTER" when they say my name, but then I pitied the fools.)
dbbubba
Producer

Return to LIVE SOUND APPLICATION