How to learn guitar?

Discussions about Guitars, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Orchestral Instruments, etc.

Moderator: Arny

How to learn guitar?

Postby stiffanbond » Tue May 25, 2010 1:26 am

Well I started playing acoustic guitar about 6 months ago, self taught, and i'm getting really good. So far i can play All The Small Things by Blink-182, Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson, No it isn't by +44, and Be My Escape by Relient K. The only problem is i found that it is extremely difficult to sing and play at the same time, and the only song i can sing and play to is all the small things. How do i fix this?
stiffanbond
Intern

Re: How to learn guitar?

Postby THEMIXFIX » Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 am

Practice!! ;) :mrgreen:
THEMIXFIX
Go-Fer

Postby leealden06 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 am

Management of learning to play guitar is within the reach of most people but many beginners give up too quickly. The GuitarPlayerWorld.com guitar lessons cover a wide range of essential skills and music theory that a guitarist must learn to play guitar. But as with any instrument, learn to play the guitar can get a good deal of patience, perseverance and good practice in the first.
leealden06
Intern

Postby princewest13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 am

There are many types of guitars. I suggest you choose one that appeals to you and learn to play it.I suggest learning on your own or with a single teacher, rather than in a group as it will be less frustrating and you can maximize your time spent playing. Even if you are working and have a very busy schedule, set aside an hour a day and you will steadily make progress.
princewest13
Intern

Return to MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS