HELLO, WHO ARE YOU?

Please introduce yourself with a short post describing why you joined our forum, and your interest in recording, audio, etc...

Moderators: Arny, dbbubba

Re: HELLO, WHO ARE YOU?

Postby BBTempo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Oh, hey Rich. Now you can stay, as long as you weren't the spammer ;)
Bob Buontempo.
BBTempo
Intern

Postby houseofhits » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:47 am

Hi, I'm a live/recording engineer of 30 yrs standing living in Sydney Australia. I have a studio in my house in Manly. Console
is a 32 ch AMEK M1000, modified with a discrete summing buss, main recorder is a 24 track Ampex MM 1100 which also has a 16
tk headblock. Outboard processors include UREI silverface 1176 & original dbx 160s. Been recording in current location since '96.
houseofhits
Intern

Postby vspandagos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello, my name is Vasilis, I live in Athens, Greece. I love analog gear, I have a Studer A800 24 trck recorder, a A80 1/2" 2 track recorder and recently bought two non working MCI jh110 8 tracks witch a plan to repair soon. Last year I built a plate reverb and since then my studio is all analog.
vspandagos
Intern

Postby mikebarney » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm Mike from CT. Otari MX-55 & Crown CX-824. Looking to refurbish both units.
Best regards,
Mike
mikebarney
Intern

Postby mmarston » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:50 am

Who am I? This is a question for the ages, which I cannot address in full here. But as a general outline:

Middle-aged (OK make that late-middle-aged) tech geek that loved music since before I can recall. Made my living in radio communications (teenage ham radio hobby turned career) but always collected records and occasionally recorded friends' bands, mostly for fun. Have gone to the dark side a bit with dubbing a large 45 collection to FLAC but still have a working 4 track TEAC and some cassette decks...

Stumbled across this BB after tangentially surfing from one of Eddie Ciletti's links. some cool stuff here. Will digest some before piping up...
mmarston
Intern

Postby Booga13 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 am

hello - my name is Art- I have been useing a tascam 488 as an analogue recording medum for about 8 years. looking forward to hearing from anyone who uses tascam equipment.
Booga13
Intern

Postby Arny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:58 am

houseofhits wrote:Hi, I'm a live/recording engineer of 30 yrs standing living in Sydney Australia. I have a studio in my house in Manly. Console
is a 32 ch AMEK M1000, modified with a discrete summing buss, main recorder is a 24 track Ampex MM 1100 which also has a 16
tk headblock. Outboard processors include UREI silverface 1176 & original dbx 160s. Been recording in current location since '96.

Dear Houseofhits, (Would be nice to know your Christian name)
Sorry the ARF website is a bit quite at this moment, it was a very sad day when we lost Bob (The Founder) and I was hoping it might pick up a
bit more but I see its still very quite.

I am the main Appointed European Distributor for Ampex parts so you know who you can call if there is something I can help you with , but in the meantime please feel
welcome and it would be nice if you could start a thread to get ARF up and running again.

Best Regards

Tony
Arny
Producer

Postby Arny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am

vspandagos wrote:Hello, my name is Vasilis, I live in Athens, Greece. I love analog gear, I have a Studer A800 24 trck recorder, a A80 1/2" 2 track recorder and recently bought two non working MCI jh110 8 tracks witch a plan to repair soon. Last year I built a plate reverb and since then my studio is all analog.

Dear Vasilis,
I will be in Athens next June for a Wedding so I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful country, should you require anything for your MCI gear, Duelflip, dbbubba & Brian Roth have a lot of experience as well as being MCI Fans.

In the meantime please feel welcome and it would be nice if you could start a thread to get ARF (Analog Recording Forums) up and running again.

Best Regards

Tony
(Arny)
Arny
Producer

Postby Arny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 am

mikebarney wrote:I'm Mike from CT. Otari MX-55 & Crown CX-824. Looking to refurbish both units.
Best regards,
Mike

Dear Mike
How are you getting on with the two units your refurbishing could you start a thread and tell how its going it would be nice if you could start a thread to get ARF (Analog Recording Forums) up and running again.

In the meantime please feel welcome.

Best Regards

Tony
Arny
Arny
Producer

Postby Arny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 am

mmarston wrote:Who am I? This is a question for the ages, which I cannot address in full here. But as a general outline:

Middle-aged (OK make that late-middle-aged) tech geek that loved music since before I can recall. Made my living in radio communications (teenage ham radio hobby turned career) but always collected records and occasionally recorded friends' bands, mostly for fun. Have gone to the dark side a bit with dubbing a large 45 collection to FLAC but still have a working 4 track TEAC and some cassette decks...

Stumbled across this BB after tangentially surfing from one of Eddie Ciletti's links. some cool stuff here. Will digest some before piping up...

I am told that I'm old-age at 76 years yet I still have ambitions so God' is keeping me in good health in order for me to realize those ambitions.
One would be to get this Forum up and running again, as you say it has some great member who have written some very interesting Posts.

I would be nice if you could start a thread on Transferring old masters to FLAC or the other less quality formats, what software are you using etc.

In the meantime please feel welcome.

Best Regards

Tony
Arny
Producer

PreviousNext

Return to PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF