HELLO, WHO ARE YOU?

Please introduce yourself with a short post describing why you joined our forum, and your interest in recording, audio, etc...

Moderators: Arny, dbbubba

Re: HELLO, WHO ARE YOU?

Postby Arny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 am

Booga13 wrote:hello - my name is Art- I have been useing a tascam 488 as an analogue recording medum for about 8 years. looking forward to hearing from anyone who uses tascam equipment.

Dear Art,
Maybe you could start a thread asking if anyone else uses the Tascam-488 and how they feel.
In the meantime please feel welcome, and thanks for joining.

Lets all get together and get this Forum up and rolling again we owe it to Bob

Best Regards

Tony
Arny
Producer

Postby Mrkdrnbrgr » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 am

Mark Durenberger here; taking a short break after 55 years of Broadcast, Pro Audio, Direct-Broadcast Satellite, teleport Earth Stations and sports audio. From my perspective there's a wide-open sharing opportunity in front of us 'seasoned' folks, as the number of people qualified in interfacing analog to digital is dwindling.

From the broadcast perspective, nearly every technology position has become almost purely an "I-T" function. I have a fairly good background in I-T and I'm seeing a great opportunity to "re-invent" analog in the minds of the computer folks; explaining things like Common-Mode and impedance mis-match.

So I've become a "translator" and it's really rewarding to see folks suddenly "get it."

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing on this Board.
Mrkdrnbrgr
Intern

Postby Greg Holden » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello

I'm new to the list. I'm a retired bradcaster still operating a mostly analogue home studio mostly as a hobby now.
Greg Holden
Intern

Postby CBAUDIO » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 pm

The name is Corey Bailey. The handle here is CBAUDIO. I've been a professional Audio Engineer for 40 years. More "about me" background can be had at my website: http://www.baileyzone.net

Cheers!

Corey
CBAUDIO
Intern

Postby brianroth » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 am

Welcome to Mark, Greg, and Corey!

Bri
brianroth
Producer

Postby Livewire » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Greetings, All:

Doug McClement here, from LiveWire Remote Recorders in Toronto, Canada. Although my current setup in the truck is digital (SSL C200 console, Protools HDX, 2x Tascam X48's etc), I ran an analog studio for 20 years, starting with a pair of Sound Workshop 1280B consoles, replaced with an MCI 636, then a 50 input Neotek Elite. Owned two Ampex MM1200 24 track machines for 20 years. Then only analog machines I have now are a Technics 1500-US, a Revox A77 and an Otari 5050, so I still do transfers from 2 track reel to cd for clients. Still have some analog outboard gear in the mobile: a pair of Pultecs, and LA-2A, an 1176, a pair of dbx 160's, a dbx 162. These days I'm mostly doing live concert broadcasts, awards shows, live webcasts and concert dvd's. Back in the analog days did tons of live radio broadcasts and live albums. (including Leonard Cohen, Steve Earle, Stevie Ray Vaughan at the El Mocambo, SRV with Albert King In Session, Oscar Peterson, etc)
Livewire
Intern

Postby jjjoutside » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

Jeff Jones here... former engineer/operations manager for mobile truck and broadcast services company based in DFW area. Built (along with 2 other fellows) 48 track analog truck in the mid 80s and operated, updated the mobile until the sale of the truck in 2000. Continued freelance engineering for a while, but after almost 25 years in the business, changed careers ($$ move) and moved to southwest Colorado. Still operate a project studio out of the house and provide recording and live audio support for a couple of non-profit music schools in the area as well as record/produce some local music as more of a hobby than a vocation. Enjoy bumping into some old friends in the business as well as keeping my foot in the audio world...
jjjoutside
Intern

Postby DennisLH » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:44 pm

I am Dennis. I have been mixing and recording music since the late 70s. What a difference in equipment over the years. New isn't necessarily better. Started out on Tapco mixers. Then Shure Vocalmaster (anybody remember them?). Just a glorified guitar amp with more channels, hi-Z mics, bad EQ and horrible column speakers. Replaced more speakers in them than anything else. Worked in small local bands and studios. Otari and Ampex tape machines. Retired now, just mixing at home for fun. Pulling up old tracks and mixes and seeing what I can do to "fix" them.
DennisLH
Intern

Previous

Return to PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF