Here I am

Please introduce yourself with a short post describing why you joined our forum, and your interest in recording, audio, etc...

Moderators: Arny, dbbubba

Here I am

Postby puzzler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 pm

My name is Cary Cornett.
I am a member of the Ampex user list.
I also sometimes hang out at the SawStudio user forum.
My studio, which is primarily for personal use, is called Chinese Puzzle Recording. It got that name because the process of building and equipping it got to feeling an awful lot like one of those chinese puzzles with one particular key piece that holds it together. My problem was that for my studio I could never quite figure out what that key piece was. I have a website under that name, although it is now years out of date due to neglect.
I also have another website called recordinggeek.com which is also rather badly neglected just now.
I haven't done much with analog recording in a long time, although I originally learned the craft on the "big iron".
I consider, though, that analog technology will always be here in microphones, preamps, and the monitoring chain, and that an understanding of that technology is still necessary to anyone who wants to call himself a recording engineer.
'nuff said for now...
puzzler
Intern

Re: Here I am

Postby brianroth » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 am

Cary! I've been a lurker on the Ampex list since the late 1990's....my old friend Rick Chinn introduced me to that list. Great to see ya here!

Bri
brianroth
Producer

Return to PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF